- Registered Property Owners
- Registered Owner Representatives
Click on the link to download the required form
Online Portal – New and Improved
(Q1) Why should I register instead of using the front page to pay my bills?
(A1) The advantage of registering a property under your account allows you to request exemptions, update the billing address, manage multiple properties, and receive email notifications about your property. (Q2) Where can I find my APN or Statement number?
(A2) You can find this information on the top right of your bill. (Q3)I forgot my username and/or password, how can I retrieve it?
(A3)The User ID is your registered email ID and you can refer to the registration activation email sent during sign-up. To retrieve your password, click the “Home” tab on the Customer Portal. Under “Sign In”, you can click “Forgot Password” to reset your password. (Q4) I need additional help. How can I contact you?
(A4)Please contact us by email at email@example.com or by calling our Billing and Collections Unit Helpline at (877) 614-6873. They are open Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM.
(Q1) How do I receive my Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO) Certificate?
(A1)After logging on to your Customer Portal account, you can download, print, or email your RSO Certificate. You can find these options under the ‘RSO Certificate’ heading on the left side of the account webpage. (Q2)I need help registering an account, filing a Temporary Exemption, making a payment as a Registered User, making a payment using Fast Pay, and/or updating my Billing Address. Where can I find instructions?
(A2)Visit the ‘Online Tutorials’ tab of this website to access helpful video tutorials on YouTube that will show you how to complete these tasks step-by-step. If you are using a mobile device, you can access ‘Online Tutorials’ from the menu bar at the top right of the page. If you are still having difficulties, contact our Helpline for assistance at (877) 614-6873. (Q3)How do I submit an Appeal?
(A3)Before submitting an Appeal, make sure the regular fees have been paid (with the exception of invoices held in collections). Click on the ‘Additional Services’ drop-down and select, ‘Apply for a Fee Waiver.’ Select the invoice(s) you would like to appeal and click ‘Next.’ Select the Criteria, enter the Justification, then submit the Appeal. A letter will be sent once a determination has been made. (Q4)How do I create an account for my Agent or Management Company?
(A4)Request that your Agent or Management Company register a new account to their email. You can then share your properties with them through ‘Manage User.’ For instructions on how to share your properties, visit this link to the ‘Registering an Account’ YouTube tutorial video: https://youtu.be/76N53LthrkE?t=246. (Q5)How do I update my Billing Address?
(A5)On the homepage of your account, click ‘View/Edit Billing’ Address. A new page will load where you can click ‘Edit’ next to the Billing Address. Clicking ‘Edit’ will allow you to update your Billing address, phone number, and email (this will not change your registered email). (Q6)How do I change the registered email on my Customer Portal account?
(A6)You are unable to change the registered email on your account. However, you can register a new account with your preferred email. If you have multiple properties to add to your new account, you can share them from your old account through ‘Manage User’. If you use this feature, there is no need to add them one-by-one. For instructions on how to share your properties, visit this link to the ‘Registering an Account’ YouTube tutorial video: https://youtu.be/76N53LthrkE?t=246 (Q7)I received a bill in the mail, but am unable to see the fees due on my account, how can I view them?
(A7)You can remove and re-add the property using your bill’s Statement number. Remove the property by clicking the ‘Additional Services’ drop-down. Add the property again by clicking ‘Add Property’ at the top left of the page. If the fees do not appear, contact us for assistance.
- Customers have one year from the date of payment to apply for a refund (Chapter 10, Article 1, and Sec. 5.170 of the Los Angeles Administrative Code). This time limitation is applicable regardless of whether there are pending requests: for penalty fee waiver, exemption claim, or Senior Inspector Appeals, and other items.
- Please complete the form titled CLAIM FOR REFUND APPLICATION along with your proof of payments, and supporting documentation, then submit to Los Angeles Housing Department, attention: Accounting.
- Customers must provide the reason for the refund claim and submit proof to support the claim, e.g. front and back of a cancelled check, credit card, receipts, etc.
- Required information and documentation supporting the Claim for Refund Application were listed in HCID Refund Request Requirements to include but not limited to: APN of the property, Address of the property, your complete address, and your daytime phone number.