WELCOME TO THE RENT REGISTRY ONLINE PORTAL
Annual registration of rental units subject to the Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO) consists of paying the annual registration fee(s) and completion of the Rent Registry. Property owners who fail to register are not permitted to accept or demand rent per the Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) Section 151.05.
The online Rent Registry allows the user to enter the rental unit information manually versus mailing the Rent Registry Form that was included in the annual registration bill that was mailed to each property owner. Once logged in, the user has the option to manually enter the information or download the Rent Registry CSV spreadsheet which is often used for properties that consist of more than 10 rental units. This CSV spreadsheet must be downloaded and uploaded online. Mailed-in CSV spreadsheets, rent rolls, and rent ledgers will not be processed.
Please have the following rental unit information available when logging on to the online Rent Registry:
- Each rental unit address & unit number.
- Number of bedrooms of each rental unit.
- Move-in date for each rental unit (Month & Year).
- Current monthly rent amount for each rental unit.
- The effective date of last rent increase for each rental unit (Month & Year).
- Utility services (Gas and/or Electric) provided by the landlord for each rental unit.
- Parking included in current monthly rent amount for each rental unit.
- Indicate if an RSO exemption application has been submitted to HCIDLA.
➢ Forms (Accordion)
- Blank Rent Registry Form - If used, this form will only be processed if mailed to City of Los Angeles - HCIDLA Rent Registry Section P.O. BOX 30970, Los Angeles, California 90030-0970
- RSO Exemption Forms
Scheduled Maintenance: The HCIDLA On-line Account Management system is scheduled to be off-line for maintenance starting from Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 05:30 PM and will be back on-line on Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 06:30 AM. During this time, our website will be unavailable and you will not be able to submit Rent Registry Applications. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important Notice: The Los Angeles City Council enacted the Rent Registry Ordinance (#184529) on October 04, 2016. This Ordinance provides that effective January 1, 2017, a landlord must provide rent amount and rental unit information for every rental unit subject to the Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO), on a form prescribed by HCIDLA. This information shall be submitted annually by the last day of February of each year. Registration is complete only when all outstanding registration fees have been paid and all required rental amount and rental unit information including emergency contact information is provided.