The Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department Online Bill Pay
The HCIDLA Online Bill Pay allows for Customers to pay bills online in addition to standard mail-in payment.
Please read the following terms carefully before accessing your account.
- Your Agreement. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may use the Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department (“HCIDLA”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) Online Bill Pay to access billing information and conduct payment transactions through the Website (“Site”). The Terms and Conditions are in addition to your service agreement(s) with the City of Los Angeles. Carefully review our Terms and Conditions before using the Site. By registering and using this Site, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Services Available Through HCIDLA Online Bill Pay. Your online bill(s) is/are available for viewing on the Website. HCIDLA Online Bill Pay allows you to make bill payment(s) through the Site using any major credit card, debit card, or electronic check. (Annual and/or monthly bills (depending on the program) will continue to be mailed to the address on file with HCIDLA. It is your responsibility to ensure and update your mailing address with HCIDLA, as well as to notify HCIDLA if you do not receive a bill. NOTE: Annual bills are provided as a courtesy. However, the property owner is responsible for timely payment regardless of whether a bill is received.)
- Registration. To access HCIDLA Online Bill Pay through our Site, you must fully complete the registration process and obtain a UserID and Password for your account. A valid email address is required. Upon completion of the registration process, enrollment in the HCIDLA Online Bill Pay will be confirmed via email upon completion of registration. Access to your bill and the ability to make payment through the Site will generally be available seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours a day. At times, the HCIDLA Online Bill Pay may not be available due to system maintenance and/or circumstances beyond our control. Any system errors and/or maintenance of HCIDLA Online will not change and/or extend your payment due date.
- Responsibilities. You are responsible for actions taken by anyone using the Site after logging on with your UserID and password. You agree that you will be the only user of your UserID and password, and that you will not transfer or disclose this information to another person. You agree to provide complete and accurate information that is true and current. You agree not to misrepresent your identity. HCIDLA will rely and act upon instructions received under your UserID and password. For bill payment(s), you authorize HCIDLA to charge the amount specified against the credit or bank account provided. HCIDLA does not have any duty to monitor the funding of the payment by the financial institution that you designate.
- Disclaimers. You agree that the bill(s) you view online is provided to you “as is” and “as available”. You agree that we make no warranties and have no liability as to the accuracy, completeness, availability or timeliness of the online bill(s), text, or other information on the bill(s). HCIDLA has no duty to monitor the online payment of any bill(s) that you make. You assume the entire risk of using the Site properly to ensure that funds are transferred and bills are paid properly and timely. We will not be responsible for any charges and/or fees imposed by your credit card issuer and/or financial institution resulting from a bill payment that you requested, including but not limited to any service charges, overdraft fees, etc.
- No Warranties. To the extent permitted by law, HCIDLA makes no warranties, expressed or implied, of any kind whatsoever for the Site. The Site is provided to you on an “as is” basis. No representations and/or warranties of any kind is made that the Site will be error free, that defects on the Site will be corrected, that the Site is secure; that the Site will be accessible continuously and uninterrupted, or that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Limits on Your Use. You shall not attempt to violate or violate the security of the Site. You are not permitted to access data that you are not authorized to access under your UserID and password. You are prohibited from testing and/or scanning the vulnerability of the City of Los Angeles’ systems, networks, security, authentication measures without proper authorization. You shall not engage in any activity that would compromise the integrity and operation of the Site. Any such violations will be fully investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Limits on Our Liability. In no event will the City of Los Angeles, its Boards, Officers, Agents, Employees, Assigns and Successors in Interest be liable for any consequential (including but not limited to loss of data, files, profit or goodwill, or the cost of procurement of substituted goods or services), indirect, incidental, or special damages. The City of Los Angeles, its Boards, Officers, Agents, Employees, Assigns and Successors in Interest will not be liable for attorney’s fees.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the City of Los Angeles, its Boards, Officers, Agents, Employees, Assigns and Successors in Interest harmless from any and all claims, liability, damages, and/or costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from any breach of violation of the Terms and Conditions by you.
- Governing Law. Jurisdiction over and venue in any legal action arising out of the Terms and Conditions and/or the operation and maintenance of the Site shall be governed according to the laws of the State of California, and shall be resolved exclusively in the appropriate forum where subject matter jurisdiction is proper whether it be the federal court for the Central District of California or the State Court for the County of Los Angeles.
- Amendments to this Agreement. We may, at any time and in our sole discretion, add, modify, and/or change the terms of this Agreement without notice. If such amendment is made, we will update this Agreement on the Site. By continuing to use the Site on or after an amendment is made and uploaded onto the Site, you agree to the amendment. Your use of the Site is conditioned upon your compliance with the current version of this Agreement.
- Termination of this Agreement. Upon completion of the registration process and confirmation of enrollment in the HCIDLA Online Pay Bill, and at all times while you are using the Site, this Agreement will be in effect. For removal of access to the HCIDLA Online Bill Pay, see item #5 above.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement and any service agreement(s) that you have with the City of Los Angeles constitute the entire agreement between you and the City of Los Angeles relating to your access to and use of this Site and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous oral or written representations or agreements. Each of the rules, terms, and conditions set forth in this Agreement stand alone. Any term or condition contained in this Agreement which is inconsistent with the laws governing the Site will be deemed to have been modified by us and applied in a manner consistent with such laws. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed and/or held to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect, and shall not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Agreement.